Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Nails of 2012

it's hard to believe that 2012 is almost over. there's usually such a charge in the air, an almost electric excitement for the coming holiday. I just didn't feel it this year. did anyone else notice that little spark missing? even if I wasn't feeling as merry this year, I did squeeze in a few Christmas manicures.
the first mani was a base of OPI's Funny Bunny and OPI's Happy Anniversary topped with Essie's Matte About You topcoat. I used OPI's Fresh Frog of Bel-Air and Gettin' Miss piggy With It (from their 2011 holiday collection) and China Glaze's Party Hearty (also from 2011 holiday collection). I used a Nubar nail art pen for the green part of the tree. The star came from a bottle of Fergie polish and the "ornaments" were nail art beads my 'mother-in-law' gave me.
for the accent finger on my right hand, I used scotch tape to make the stripes with Nubar red and green nail art pens.
mani 2 consisted of water-marbling with various red, green, white and silver glitters. accent finger was Fingerpaint's Sparkle Topcoat and a friendly snowman =)
mani 3 was a little more simple. OPI's The Spy Who Loved Me (holiday 2012) with some loose red craft glitter applied to the tips.
mani 4 was OPI's Funny Bunny as the base, with black thread as the wire for the lights. I used Nubar nail art pens for the bulbs.
 
I hop everyone had an awesome holiday! what did your nails look like this holiday season?
 
 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You nails look awesome! I love your blog! I would love it if you could check out my blog and if you like it follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete