Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A week in manicures!

Hello, lovelies!
I hope you're all doing well! I think my immune system is on vacation as I seem to catch every bug that happens to come around lately! There's a to-go bowl of pho with my name on it and I just can't bring myself to eat it yet =( (stomach bug this time, hah!)
First up is nail mail from my lovely friend Janie. She sent me these awesome polishes from PopCulture Cosmetics!
Left to right: mini Holographic Top Coat, Midsummer' Night's Dream, mini Lumos glow in the dark polish and Beauty and the Beach.
I was sooooo excited to see that she sent me Beauty and the Beach as it's been on my want list since I first laid eyes on it! 

Beauty and the Beach and Midsummer Night's Dream


This is Beauty and the Beach layered on top of Hello Kitty by Sephora's Minty. B&B has a very subtle gold shimmer base that didn't pick up in any of my pics. It also has small gold star confetti (there's one hiding on my pointer finger!) that required some fishing to get out of the bottle. It's pretty in pictures but it's a stunner in real life!


This is Minty....I can't stand how cute the bottle is!

 I finally got around to trying the striping tape Janie sent me last month and this mani was the product of that experiment! For the base color I layered OPI Breathe Life and Essie Shine of the Times. My accent nail is composed of Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale with Ticklish Teal by Lush Lacquer on top. I used the striping tape to make the triangles from my cuticles and used two coats of Ticklish Teal alone. I love how this mani turned out! I'll definitely be using the striping tape more often-I got a much cleaner line than I do when free-handing.


Alright, we're finally up to what's on my nails now! I haven't played around with gradient manis in awhile, so I grabbed three of my favorite blues by OPI and got to sponging! I used Teal the Cows Come Home as a base for my gradient.


Ta-da! Gradient manicure!
 From lightest to darkest: Teal the Cows Come Home, Sea, I Told You! and
 Swimsuit...Nailed It!

Well my lovelies, that's all I have for you now! Have you ever tried striping tape? What about gradient manicures? What's on your nails?
Until next time,
xoKandy

5 comments:

  1. Hii! I dont know if youve read it yet...but ive nominated you for the leibster award :) the deets are on the post on my blog (onebrushbeauty.blogspot.co.uk) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did...I'm working on the post now! Thank you so much for nominating me!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pleasure!! I look forward to reading yours :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did such a fantastic job with that ombre! I've never been able to get it looking quite that nice. And Beauty and the Beach looks like such a fun polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! BandB is so much fun! The next go-round I'll have to swatch it by itself so you can see all the gorgeous colors in it!

      Delete