Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

finally.....Liquid Sand!

I finally got my hands on a couple of the new OPI liquid sand lacquers! 
 OPI introduced the liquid sand lacquers as a part of the Mariah Carey collection. They have a fine, sand-like texture after they dry, with a matte finish. OPI suggests you apply a base coat, 2 coats of liquid sand and whatever you do, DON'T use top coat! Now, if you feel the need to use a top coat, I'm sure your mani will survive...you just lose the nifty matte finish.
The Impossible


I can't believe I almost passed this one up! The Impossible is a dark pink lacquer with small glitter particles and star glitter in the same color as the base. Pinks are not usually the first colors that catch my attention in any collection...I always gravitate towards the blues, greens and darker shades. Thankfully, a friend grabbed me and shrieked, "But there are stars in this!!!" Once I heard that, it didn't matter what color the polish was-I had to have it! I haven't worn this one yet, but after swatching it I will say that the stars are not easy to get out. It may be the consistency of the liquid sand polish that makes the bigger glitter particles sink to the bottom because it is fairly thin when applied. I had to dig around the bottle to get any stars out and I even tried shaking it pretty vigorously in an effort to try and loosen them up.
Stay the Night

Stay the Night has a black base with bright pink/red glitter. The glitter looks mostly red to me, but it all depends on the light.

Pink Yet Lavender
This is a clear-based polish with a large pink glitter, lavender and holo micro glitter. The micro glitter creates an almost frosty effect. Great for layering! This one is not a liquid sand, but is from the Mariah Carey collection.

The collection had a total of eight lacquers, four liquid sand and four regular. After playing with these liquid sand lacquers I'm convinced I need the other two! They have such a unique texture and look....and who can forget the stars?! Not me! Good job, OPI!



2 comments:

  1. These are such interesting polishes!! I'm not too into matte formulas though, I find them very hard to work with!! But these are so gorgeous it may be worth it lol. I really want to find Butterfly Moment...but no one in Canada seems to have the Mariah Carey Collection yet. Great Post dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've just recently gotten into matte finishes...I'm all about the glitter at heart. These really are easy to apply though and they dry fairly fast! I'll have to see if I can still get my hands on Butterfly Moment!

    ReplyDelete