Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

happy snaps for a dreary day

okay, i had one of those days today. you know the kind-the one where you start the day off by hitting snooze and drearily staring at the clock thinking, "do i really have to go back to work? my vacation didn't last long enough...waaaah!" remembering i still haven't picked up my migraine prescription refill and this headache creeping in at the edges on my consciousness has the potential to be a dragon instead of a lizard. then my baby Haze whined and thumped her tail on the floor, pulling me out of dreamland denial and out of bed to take her out in the frozen front yard to potty. it has finally gotten  c o l d  here in the south, y'all. i used to love the cold weather! now, i dread the ache in my bones and the stiffness in my right hand, the layering and layering of hoodies and jackets because i always forget to buy an actual coat. work was craaaaay-zy. i kept catching myself, exasperated and ready to snap. thankfully i had a few pics saved for moments like these when i just need to take a deep breath and relax-remind myself that everything will be okay. 
this is my sweet, 3 year old puppy daughter, Hazel Jade, a.k.a. Haze, Hazel-basil, Hazey, Princess and Sugarbear. yes, believe it or not, she answers to all of those names, haha. this sweet girl is the first one to greet me every morning. as soon as my alarm clock screeches the first time she is up and at my bedside, patiently waiting for me to get up and only whining, ever so quietly, when i'm moving too slow. she is the sweetest pup ever, and i'm not biased at all...wink wink.
this is Yota, our other sweet 7 year old puppy daughter. her original name was Toyota, but the to- got dropped for Yota pretty quick. she also goes by Yobear, PrincessYo and Snugglebear. she is fiercely protective of her mommy and daddy but is a secret softy that loves to snuggle. a pic like this is rare-she is the MASTER of avoiding face-on photos, so it always makes me smile =)
today was also my Ma's birthday. we celebrated yesterday since we both worked today and have opposing shifts. we went to our favorite Indian restaurant where we got the boy to actually try something new! this is always an incredible feat-he is very picky when it comes to foreign food he hasn't tried. it was delicious! 
sometimes we all just need to stop and take a step back from the fires you're trying to put out, or the stressful situation that has you pulling your hair, and take a deep breath! i have so much to be grateful for and even though i don't make practice making resolutions, i am vowing to try to be more positive. don't let the dreary days get you down! 
<3 kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment