Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

the honey challenge

as much as i love makeup and all things makeup, one thing i don't love is having to wear makeup. let me clarify-having to wear foundation, concealer and powder to cover up whatever imperfection(s) my skin is throwing my way that particular day. we have a love/hate relationship, me and this skin of mine. it is very sensitive and has frequent mood swings.
i was sharing my skin woes with my ma yesterday on our way to the gym after having woken up with a veritable garden of breakouts over my face that had just gotten out of control over the week. she has also fought her share of skin battles over the years.
she told me that my cousin (who is the same age as me, and is really like my sister) had been using a honey and lemon mix along with coconut oil and it was working great for her. i remembered pinning something like that from Pinterest, so when i got home i went digging through my boards to find it. i did find the honey lemon method, along with a few others. one site really caught my attention with a challenge - The Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge.
you basically wash your face with nothing but honey for 2 weeks. the kind of honey you use is very important, so if you're thinking of taking on the challenge or just giving it a shot, do a lil' research first! i was skeptical so i read through all the comments and looked at other bloggers that were doing the challenge or something similar. the results were across the board. the results did lean more towards good than bad, enough so that i've decided to give it a shot! i headed to Whole Foods to stock up on all the necessary ingredients i might need.
the most important thing i got: raw, unfiltered honey.
this is the honey that is supposed to be the best to use on your skin. it moisturizes while also helping to dry out any acne and helps heal and repair old acne scars and discoloration. 
so i'm off to try the honey wash...wish me luck!
has anyone else tried a honey wash or ever heard of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment