Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Paint dipped tips

I've seen the paint drip manicure around blogland and Pinterest for months and I finally decided to give it a try!

For the base color I used Love Train from the Urban Decay Rollergirl collection. 
The drippy paint is The Impossible liquid sand from the OPI Mariah Carey collection.
It took about 3 coats of Love Train to get rid of any visible nail lines - it's a pretty translucent off-white shimmer. The Impossible only took one coat, though it needs a little touch up because of tip wear.
Overall, I think it turned out okay! I think the next time I try this design I'll go with something a little spookier....slimy green maybe =P
Monday's almost over...only four more days til the weekend! Now I'm off to cuddle my sweet bully babies and lust after all the indie polishes on my want list on Etsy...
 Sweet dreams of unique glitter polishes dancing in your heads! 
(at least that's what 's on mine!)

4 comments:

  1. I really like this look!! Would be very nice for halloween :)
    ps-Thanks for checking out my blog dear...I can't seem to find a follow button on your blog. Do you not have the following enabled??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize I didn't...should be fixed now! Please let me know if you still have trouble! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED to learn how to do this! Looks great!
    Love your blog - new follower :)

    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete