Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Urban Outfitters Polish Haul and a Mermaid's Dream Dupe!

I went into Urban Outfitters for the first time yesterday and man, what took me so long? I've heard of UO and even browsed around their store online but never ventured into one before yesterday. I was super stoked to see they were having a sale and hooray! it included nail polish! I picked six different lacquers up, along with a nail art kit and a separate package of nail gems.

Left to right: Afterhours, Scorcher, Bright Lights, Sea Dust, Mystic and Lollipop
Afterhours 
Scorcher
This one looks a little like DL's Happy Birthday, but with a lot more silver micro-dust glitter.

Bright Lights
Somewhat similar to DB's Glitter in the Air, though this is more of a grey-tinted creme versus DB's blue. Bright Lights also has more primary colored glitter while Glitter in the Air sticks to light pastel metallic glitter. So...really similar in style but not at all in color =P
Sea Dust
This is my favorite of the six colors I picked up. Sea Dust is a definite dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. I love the seafoamy green, shimmery color with small blue glitter particles. 
The boy actually got Mermaid's Dream as a gift for me last year, so I had it on hand for comparison! The top swatch is Mermaid's Dream, bottom swatch is Sea Dust. Pretty close!
Mystic
This was the hardest to photograph. A dark purple-blue jelly base with fiery orange flakies.
Lollipop
This one bears a resemblance to DB's Candy Shop. 

The nail art kit and the pack of gems are by npw. These are the first kits I've seen by the brand but they look promising. I can't wait to get a Mermaid themed-mani on my nails...the little star gems will be perfect paired with Sea Dust! I feel some inspiration coming on!
Until next time! What's on your nails? Have you found any fun new polishes lately?



4 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog!! Love the new colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I stumbled across this blog so I could find out about this sale! I will definitely be going to UO to pick up some of those polishes, they seem like some great dupes! And Mystic looks particularly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope the sale is still going on so you can get a great deal as well =)

      Delete