Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto!

Hello lovelies!
I was stuck in bed sick this weekend and got inspired to do a Wizard of Oz mani. I have not seen the new Oz movie(is it even out in theaters yet?), but the original is a favorite of mine and it was the original that inspired this!
Here you have the twister, the ruby slipper, the Yellow Brick Road, Emerald City and a field of poppies =)
I layered three different reds to represent the ruby slippers, and on my thumb and ring finger is the blue gingham of Dorothy's dress. Please excuse the mess around my cuticles!!!
The boy and I try to make it a point to get downtown and catch the sunset over the Mississippi River when we can...caught it just as it was dipping below the tree line!
How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. wow i could never have that much creativeness to do that on my nails!
    love the ruby red and the checkered blue! its such a cute combo & it really does remind me of wizard of oz :)

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete