Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

It's March!

Wow, did February fly by or what? It's March 1st and I must admit I feel like I've been slacking when it comes to blogging these last couple of weeks. I am a chronic migraine sufferer and I haven't had the energy to do much of anything except work lately, but that is going to change! (whether my brain likes it or not, haha!)
I am a natural-nails enthusiast and Shellac is something I've been itching to try for while, but I just didn't want to make the monetary commitment. I got an awesome deal on a CND lamp and am excited to finally try the Shellac manicure! Have any of you worked with Shellac or had a Shellac manicure done? I don't know how effective one would be on my hands considering I change my manis so frequently...I have a bit of polish-ADD...but it would be fantastic for my toes! I'll be posting my pics and reviews as soon as I try it out! I've got my top and base coats but I am waiting for the actual colors I ordered to come in. 
Something else new and exciting to look forward to in March...Ipsy! I joined Ipsy in January and was placed on the waitlist. I got an email yesterday stating I should receive my first box mid-March and I cannot wait! For those of you that heaven't heard of it, Ipsy is a monthy subscription program like Birchbox and many others out there where you pay a flat monthly subscription fee and each month you receive a box with a cute bag and anywhere from three to six full or sample size products to try. The value of the products in the box usually way exceeds the price of the subscription and you get to try products you may never have tried before due to price, availability, etc. One thing that is cool about Ipsy is that it was actually started by a beauty blogger, so the products in it are supposed to be things you would actually want to use and not something you'll stick in a drawer and forget about! I can't wait to get my first box!
Happy March, lacquer lovelies! What's new and exciting for you this month?
This is my foster-dog, Buddy. He loves to sit next to anyone with a computer, nose inching closer and closer to the screen until he's trying to eat the cursor. <3 Blog-Buddy

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute computer companion. :)
    Congrats on the Ipsy acceptance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He is a cute companion, even if I have to keep politely but firmly shoving him backwards so I can see the screen =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog. ya the hand cream is a must especially if you do wash your hands a lot as soaps and hard water can dry out the skin so do try it out. And dry shampoo is amazing, the batiste range is the best that I've tried and yes they do smell gorgeous, the tropical I have is so summery, so do try it and let me know what you think of it.

    Also I'm a nail tech and I recently got my cert for CND Shellac so loads of people have been getting it done by me and loving them. If you've any questions just ask, I've love to help :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be great! I'll definitely let you know if I have any Q's, thanks!!! =) xo

    ReplyDelete