Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hoppy almost-Easter and my first nail mail package

Hello lovelies =) 
I got my very first nail mail from my nail mail buddy Monday and a couple of the colors she sent me inspired this Easter mani.
For the base color I used Orly Gumdrop. My nail mail buddy sent me this one and I fell in love with it as soon as I unwrapped it! It's a beautiful minty turquoise, though it comes across as more of a blue with the layer of matte top coat. It was fully opaque with two coats though it would've been passable with one! She also sent me Orly Lollipop (which I used for some of the eggs) and my very first Julep polish, Fiona (which I used for the grass).

This is Gumdrop without the matte topcoat...this pic is a little more true to color.
For those of you that have never hear of nail mail, there are two types. The first type of nail mail is when you order polish and it comes via the mail. The second type of nail mail is when you exchange packages of nail polish, nail art supplies, candy and other cute little things with someone through the mail. Not only is nail mail a way to try new polishes and goodies you may not have access to locally, you get to know some really cool people that share some common interests with you. Below is a pic of the very first nail mail package I've gotten and I was so excited! My buddy sent me some great polishes, including 2 brand firsts and 2 others that I've had my eyes on for awhile! She even sent me some candy (the boy quickly tried to confiscate the Starbursts) and treats for my pups and they LOVE them =)


What's on your nails for the Easter weekend?
xoKandy

4 comments:

  1. The Easter designs are so creative and cool!! Love them!! Nail Mail sounds so exciting!! ...Even for the puppy dogs and the boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Easter mani. I love, love, love it. Love all the colors you used too...perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete